This page is to help you join the event and find helpful tips to enrich your experience. You can also check out the FAQ and video tutorial on the right-hand side of the page.
JOIN THE EVENT:
1) In advance of the event start time, log in to your Eventbrite account and go to the Online Event Page for the Online UNION Online retreat. Give yourself time.
The session will be open 15 minutes prior to the official start time so you can come in and get settled.
2) On the Online Event Page, click on the image of the empty stage. This will take you to the Zoom Webinar where the event will take place.
Please follow the on-screen instructions. If the session has not started, you will be asked to wait.
If you are having problems accessing the event – go back to your Eventbrite emails / your ticket, login to Eventbrite and repeat steps 1 and 2 above. You can also check the FAQ and video tutorial at the bottom of this page to walk you through accessing the event.
1) Once you have registered you will receive a confirmation email from Eventbrite with a link. If you don’t have an account with Eventbrite, then you will receive another email to create your account.
2) At the start time you can access the event by logging into Eventbrite and navigating to the “Online Event Page”. You will also receive a reminder email 24 hours and 2 hours before the event, which you can also access this from.
IMPORTANT! Users must be logged into Eventbrite under the account that was used for the ticket purchase/registration in order to view the Online Event Page link!
3) Visit the Online Event Page for the schedule and information.
4) We recommend creating a Zoom account (zoom.us) – this will give you more control during the event. If you already have an account, please note that Zoom has been requiring participants to update their application.
5) We recommend you use your laptop during the event. If this is not possible, there is also a Zoom app for mobile devices. You can also access Zoom from your browser, but this won’t allow you to listen in stereo.
6) Create a sacred space for your meditation journey. Light your favourite candles and incense. Be conscious to make your space a temple – make it as beautiful as possible. Remember the Beatles lyric: “..The love you take is equal to the love you make…” This is a time to give back to yourself! Make it special. Keep fresh flowers and plants on your altar. Take a shower before the meditation and come with fresh clothes – preferable white. Give yourself to God and enjoy! This is your time.
7) Make sure you have checked your internet connection. A stable connection can make it easier to access your event.
8) If you are not able to join the live Q&A sessions, you can still submit questions for Deva, Miten, and Rafia.
They will answer a selection as they are able.
9) For the best auditory experience, turn on stereo sound in your audio settings. This can be done from the Zoom desktop application under audio settings. In the desktop application click your profile picture in the top right corner, click settings, and then under audio select “enable stereo sound”. If this button does not appear for you, go to the Zoom browser, select ‘My Account’ in the upper right hand corner, click Settings, select ‘In meeting advanced’, and turn on “Allow users to select stereo audio in their client settings”.